Why is my website not getting any traffic
This is a question many people ask after spending money and time on their brand new website. Digital website design leading website designers in harrow will explore some reasons below.
- Plan your website to Ensure great user experience
- Check out your competition and gather tips
- Do plenty of keyword research
- Ensure your website is responsive and contains an ssl certificate
- Create descriptive images with keyword rich file/alt names
Plan your website to Ensure great user experience
The look of your website is very important but customers are coming to your website to find specific information or complete an action therefore simplicity is key to achieve a good UX. Don’t use to many colours, Ensure fonts are clear and only use imagery if it serves a clear purpose.
Plan your navigation so visitors can find what they are looking for. Your customers should not have to think what they should click on next. Arrange your most important website elements first so that your customers will naturally gravitate towards them.
Using web design conventions, universal design elements and strategies that your customers are already familiar with will instill trust in your website and make your site more credible.
Check out your competition and gather tips
Analysing your competitors involves the following
- Identify your top competitors
- Looking at the layout of their website and the content that has been written.
- Looking at the keywords they are ranking for and the internal and external links from these keywords
- Analyse how they are using social media
- Look if they are using paid advertising to drive traffic to their website
Do plenty of keyword research
Successful keyword research means understanding the market you are trying to target, looking at keywords which will target this market and writing content which will satisfy your market and search engines.
Ensure your website is responsive and contains an ssl certificate
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates are a way of creating a secure connection from a web server to a browser. They are a small data file that are installed on a server and will configure with your website creating a a padlock on search browsers. SSL create trust between your website and customers therefore google will increase your serp rankings. A responsive website will automatically adjust to give your visitors the best view for their device. Google will reward websites that are fully optimised for mobile platforms.and have started to base rankings on the mobile version of a website mobile-first indexing.
Create descriptive images with keyword rich file/alt names
Images can improve your seo score along with website traffic and improve the ux of a website Naming images for SEO will improve your search engine rankings and website traffic!
Images on your webpages will
- Break up web text and make pages easier to read
- Increase social sharing
- Increase traffic from Google image searches.
- Add to your serps positions if they are named correctly